Individual Financial Statements

Records Required

Wages/National Superannuation/Benefits

Please provide us with the names of any organisations you have received the following from:

In most cases IRD will have sent us these details direct, however we do need to check all details have been included.

Student Loan

Do you have a student loan?

Interest and Dividends

Please supply the advice slips.

For interest received, you should have an annual advice notice showing the withholding tax deducted. This may be on the bottom of your bank statement dated 31 March

If any dividends are taken as bonus shares, also include these advice slips

Rental and Leased Property

Please complete a Rental Questionnaire as well

Partnerships, Trusts, Estates and Companies


Have you at any point in your lifetime, ever contributed to a foreign superannuation scheme, even if you cannot receive the benefits until you retire?

Any Other Income

Please attach the following:

Did you receive non-taxable income from any other sources?
Do you want us to complete your rebate claim form?

Working for Families Tax Credits and Parental Tax Credit

Have you received Working for Families Tax Credits and/or Parental Tax Credit

Please supply full names and birth dates of all children. Please note the following:

• If you had a child born within the current financial year you may be eligible for the Parental Tax Credit. Please include their IRD Number below. If you do not have this you will need to obtain one for them in order to claim any entitlement for them

• Where a child has become financially independent during the current financial year, please advise the date they left school or home

Additional income information - Working for Families Tax Credits

From the year starting 1 April 2011 the definition of family income for Working for Families Tax Credits has been extended. You are now required to supply details of income received from the following sources:

Attributable trustee income is all income for the year of a trust that hasn't been distributed as beneficiary income. Trustee income will be attributed only to settlors of a trust. The settlors are individuals who establish or contribute funds to the trust.

If you receive fringe benefits and you or your associates (e.g. the family trust) are shareholder-employees of the company you work for and you or your associates hold voting interests of 50% or more then you need to include the fringe benefits in your family income. The value of the fringe benefit is the tax-inclusive value of the benefit.

This includes an amount of income attributed by a portfolio investment entity (PIE) to the principal caregiver or their spouse or partner, except if the PIE is a superannuation fund or a retirement savings scheme (e.g. KiwiSaver).

This includes all passive income such as interest, rents or beneficiary income, received by a dependent child above a threshold of $ 500 per year, per child.

If your spouse or partner, who is not a tax resident, is earning an income overseas, from 1 April 2011 you will need to include their worldwide income as part of your family income.

This includes salary and wages that are exempt from income tax under specific international agreements in New Zealand. (e.g. employees of international organisations such as the United Nations or the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).

This includes tax-exempt overseas pensions and 50% of the amount of pension or annuity payments from life insurance policies or a superannuation fund, excluding NZ Super.

These are payments from any other person or entities that are used for the family’s day-to-day living expenses. If the total amount is more than $ 5,000 for the tax year, then the total amount must be included as family income.

Shareholders owing at least 10% of a company where five or fewer shareholders own greater than 50% of the company will be required to include their proportionate share of net income of the company (in addition to dividends received from the company)

Distributions received from superannuation schemes and KiwiSaver (other than on retirement) may be included in family income

Shareholder employees owning 50% or more of the company (including interests of associated persons) will need to include attributable fringe benefits (i.e. motor vehicles, low interest loans, subsidised transport > $ 1k, contributions to insurance/sickness/accident/death funds >$ 1k and other benefits >$ 2k).

From the 2015 income year, employees and non-controlling shareholders will be required to include motor vehicles (where the person would have been entitled to more employment income if they had not chosen the motor vehicle) and the value of short term charge facilities.

Losses from other businesses / investments / rental properties do not reduce income for the purposes of working out the Working for Families tax credits entitlement.

A detailed description and examples of above income types is available from the IRD website:

Terms of Engagement

Error: You have already have an account in our system. If you need to generate a new password you can do this from the login page.

* Please fill out all required fields

Error: Please check the reCAPTCHA


Sending, please wait.


Added to basket

CheckoutContinue shopping